New Down-o-matic RR is made from Urge unequalled technology of glass fiber linen composites, the DOWN-O-MATIC RR becomes one of the lightest, high end helmets on the market.
The smallest details were studied to come up with what the brand consider to be the perfect helmet to enjoy safely and comfortably while DH riding, obviously the key practice in MTB, the one that makes us proud when we talk about our sport.
Today as well as into the future people at Urge are fully committed to give in the best that they can by developing great products for our soul passion of mountain biking. Driven by their roots, ready to face any challenge in 2016 !
Outer shell and EPS
- DH helmet shares the same outer shell and EPS as our Archi Enduro model, except at the rear and regarding the chin guard.
- Outer shell in composite material is a unique blend of glass fibre (80%) and natural linen fibre (20%), mixed with a thermosetting resin.
- This material is meticulously laid out in order to obtain a multi-axial fibre with outstanding benefits that guarantees a better spread and diffusion of the shock waves more on the helmet than on the skull.
- Performances during the crash tests highly exceeded the legal requirements for the different norms (CE 1078 - CPSC 1203 - AS/NZS 2063) and outperform ABS, traditional and carbon fibres shells.
- The focus was put on the chin guard in particular to obtain the best ratio between rigidity and necessary distortion to absorb impacts. The essential wide opening of the chin guard, reinforced by a metallic grid, benefits from a high density polyurethane upper part. The obtaining of the ASTM F1952 norm, the only one that tests the chin guard, validates without a doubt the safety features highly sought-after.
- The structure of the EPS has been designed to complete the unique features of the outer shell. Thanks to this exclusive combo, our helmet is lighter than the existing carbon top of the range models. We have created one of the safest helmets in this category with a weight around 1.050 kg making it among the lightest.
- Made of polyethylene, it is able to deform in case of an impact and exceeds the requirements of the norms.
- It is adjustable and fixed using aluminium screws.
- The Double D buckle is our choice for ergonomics, safety and comfort.
- 10 vents allow good ventilation in any circumstances, even at low speed. Ventilation on the front of the helmet is particularly unique, thanks to the specific design of the chin guard and to the wide frontal vents.
Fitting and inner padding
- The inner padding is entirely detachable and washable.
- It was designed for optimal comfort and retention. The dual-density cheek pads were particularly elaborated to obtain a perfect fit especially around the jaw bones. The one-piece pad brings excellent fit and comfort.
- The “bamboo treated” material used targets a triple efficiency: antibacterial, moisture wicking and hypoallergenic.
- The wide opening aims at guarantee an optimal field of view, compatible with all goggles on the market, even the wider ones. Lateral “gripping” pads and the ergonomics of the helmet allows for a perfect position of the goggle strap.
- Our helmet is specifically designed to allow the rider to use a brace without inhibiting to the rider’s movement or comfort.
- This helmet is a top of the range model that benefited of the highest attention to details in its design, to the smallest of details, and in particular in the choice of the high quality and durable materials.
- CE 1078 - CPSC 1203 - AS/NZS 2063
- Vents : 10
- Fiberglass (80%) & Natural linen fiber (20%) construction
- Double D buckle
- Brace compatibility
- Available in 5 sizes (XS,S,M,L,XL)
- Polyethylene visor with vents
- Entirely detachable and washable inner padding
- Includes a helmet bag
Weight : 1050 gr M size