Casually inspired yet extremely technical, the Keegan is anything but ordinary. Afton have developed a custom shank and outsole to work together in perfect harmony. Tired of having your feet hurt from weeping over the pedals after a long descent? Afton were too, and developed their own proprietary mono-directional shank which is stiff over the pedals but allows you to walk naturally. It also reduces vibration, gives more pedal power, and helps with hard landings or impacts. Mix that with Afton Intact® Rubber with a Shore A of 60 which is soft and tacky yet durable and other protective / reinforced features, the Keegan does not disappoint.
- Afton’s proprietary Intact® rubber. Boasting a Shore A of 60, it’s a blend of durability and needed traction.
- Outsole constructed specifically to interface with a flat pedal yet provide traction when climbing and descending hills off the bike.
- Mono-directional interior shank supports your foot on the pedal during impacts, assists in energy transfer when pedaling, and reduces vibration yet flexes to allow normal walking.
- Reinforced toe box with additional protective PU taping together protect your toes and shoes from rock deflections and impacts.
- Venting in lateral and toe areas backed with air mesh to keep out debris induces cool air into the shoes in motion and allows venting when stationary.
- Reinforced heel provides excellent cupping for fit and protection.
- Anti-microbial molded foam insole to control odor and for proper heel and arch support does not break down use after use.
- Durable external materials yet soft, comfortable internal materials keep your feet happy.
Afton is the choice of many international riders for their shoes like Jerome Clementz, The Commencal Team, Simon Pages ...